There’s 12 days till Christmas! UGGGGGGG and YAYYYYYY! It’s my son’s first Christmas and I’m excited about it all – starting new traditions, buying him presents (even if he doesn’t understand it yet), watching him see the Christmas lights for the first time, decorating the tree and adding a new ornament, going to Holiday parties, etc. This time of year is more than just buying the newest toy or finding new places for the Elf, or the Starbucks Gingerbread Lattes and candy cane Hershey Kisses (even if I love them both).
This first Christmas, I’m excited to start a list of new traditions and experiences for me and my little one! Here’s my list (in no particular order).
12. Stroll through the Candy Cane Lane Lights
11. Visit to Santa… with classic picture
10. Community Event (Manhattan Beach Fireworks Show or Tree Lighting)
9. Family Picture by the Tree
8. Make a Handmade Ornament
7. Enjoy a New Book under the Tree
6. Bake Sugar Cookies
5. Christmas Movie Night (Elf, Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation)
4. Holiday Party/Playdate with Friends
3. Pick out a toy to donate to charity
2. Christmas Pajamas!
1. Christmas Eve Present Opening
I’m sure the list will grow… whats on your list?